Sunday 27 September 2015

Collecting Tolkien - Stamps

Again this is quite a small area of Tolkien collecting.

As with most areas there are some complexities, for instance there are lots of different organisations which issue different first day covers for an issues of stamps and they can also have different frankings.

Total Items: 35 (sets counted as one item)

The first stamps I have are the GB 1992 Tolkien Centenary Prestige book. I also have these as a set of first day covers and a first day cover featuring the booklet.

The next stamps are the GB 2004 50th Anniversary. I have a presentation pack, a first day cover and a set of first day cover stamp postcards.

The GB 1998 Magical Worlds stamps featured a Tolkien stamp. I have this set as a presentation pack and a first day cover.

All the other stamps I have relate to the movies.

I have an Isle of Man 2003 Return of The King 2 pound miniature sheet and first day cover, as well as the lower denominations as a miniature sheet, first day cover and postcards.


From New Zealand I have, for all 3 Lord of the a Rings movies and for all 3 Hobbit movies, a set of maxi cards and a presentation folder (containing a first day cover, stamp strip and a set of stamp sheets).

I also have a separate first day cover for a couple if the movies.



I have a Tolkien Buckingham first day cover signed by Christopher Lee.

The only other Tolkien stamps I have are from Kyrgyzstan, a 2001 Lord Of The Rings Stamp Sheet.

No comments:

Post a Comment